2015, a great year to start Earth Educators!
Since we launched the corporation end of August this year, the response has been great! We learned, we thought, we laughed and we progressed. Our customers received workshops and coaching in Social Enterprise, Event Impact Measurement, Social Return on Investment and much more. We continue to support various entrepreneurs and non-profits.
Here are some highlights of 2015:
Sustainability Walk and Talk
We have had several meet up sessions and are current over 750 members and growing! The purpose is to keep people active through walking / exercise and discussing passions and ideas in the area of sustainability. It is also a great way to meet new people that have interests in the same area. You can sign up to the Meetup group here.
Great engagement from grade 4 through to adult learning this year. Especially the young ones come up with super ideas, solution and energy. Several of our workshops had great results; 90%+ of attendees rated a significant knowledge gain.
The attendees are also in the process of implementing what they learning through Social Return on investment, Event impact measurement or have set up their social enterprise.
In November, we gave a free 4 hour workshop for students on Social Enterprise, how to design their own as part of a leadership program.
In December we collected winter gear for refugees that came into Calgary. We collected more than 50 garbage bags full, thanks to support from our community. A special thank you to University of Calgary as well as Parkdale Community Association!
We hope to continue the busy spirit in 2016 with workshops, coaching and consulting assignments, classroom programs, giving back and much more.
Key focus for 2016:
• Social Entrepreneurship Workshops at Elementary High schools and Universities as well as coaching non-profits.
• Social Return on investment workshop for non-profits and corporations and consulting on implementation of that process.
• Coaching on Event Impact measurements. How effective are your events?
• Implement a Sustainability Framework and execute our plan for internal improvements for carbon, waste and water reduction.
• Create new programs for elementary and high schools.
• Expand our online presence through webinar series.
Thanks for a great start,
Seema Jindal & Mark van Engelen
PS: Feel free to follow us on Twitter @eartheducators, Facebook or LinkedIn